Directions, cooking chicken breasts:
- Boil the rice with salty water (water must be twice and a half the amount of rice). It is a good idea to aromatize the rice with Mirin Japaneese wine, optionally you can season it with garlic powder.
- Cut the chicken breasts fillets into stripes.
- In a bowl, mix the yolks with 1/2 the Sherry wine, the soya sauce and two tablespoons of water. Then add 2 teaspoons of starch and mix. After that, add the flour and mix.
(Add now the sambal oelek if you prefer a spicy touch).
- Stir until the cream is uniform. Mix the content with the chicken and let it marinade for about 15 minutes.
- Mix the rest of the starch with the flour
Reserve 1 tablespoon of starch for later). For best results it is better to sift the flour and the starch.
- Coat the chicken, level up the heat and fry it in the wok (or a pan if it's hard for you to find one) with hot oil,
Using really hot oil makes the outer skin of the chicken meat to be sealed and this lets all the self juices and sauces stay n the meat, making it more juicy and nice in mouth. Specially because we are using the breast of the chicken, which is the dryest part of it.
Reserve the fried portions over absorbent kitchen paper to remove the extra oil.
Meanwhile, we need to prepare the lemon chicken recipe sauce:
- In the same wok, drop the lemons and lime juices with 3 tablespoons of water, the rest of the Sherry and the sugar. Set the temperature to medium and keep stirring while bringing it to boil.
In order to thicken the sauce, mix the rest of the starch with 1/2 cup of water. Mix well and drop it into the wok. Stir until thicken.
Set aside from the stove. Add the chicken to the sauce and mix it.
- Serve the chicken on a dish and drop some green onion on top and the plain rice. Decorate with some sesame seeds.